Jiaxi Nie 聂家熹
I am currently a postdoc at the Shanghai Center for Mathematical Sciences under the supervision of Hehui Wu.
I received my PhD from the University of California San Diego, where I am very fortunate to be advised by Jacques Verstraëte.
Here is my CV.
My research interests lie primarily in extremal combinatorics, but I keep my brain open for any interesting math problems. My Erdős number is 2.
- Random Turán and counting results for general position sets over finite fields (with Yaobin Chen, Xizhi Liu, and Ji Zeng).
- Random Turán theorem for expansions of spanning subgraphs of tight trees.
- Turán theorems for even cycles in random hypergraph.
- On asymptotic local Turán problems (with Peter Frankl).
To appear on the Moscow Journal of Combinatorics and Number Theory. (arxiv)
- On asymptotic packing of convex geometric and ordered graphs (with Erlang Surya, and Ji Zeng).
Journal of Graph Theory (2023), 1–15. (journal) (arxiv)
- Odd Covers of Graphs. (with Calum Buchanan, Alexander Clifton, Eric Culver, Jason O'Neill, Puck Rombach, and Mei Yin).
Journal of Graph Theory (2023), 104: 420–439. (journal) (arxiv)
- On Turán numbers for disconnected hypergraphs (with Raffaella Mulas).
Acta Mathematica Hungarica 170, 168–182 (2023). (journal) (arxiv)
- On Asymptotic Packing of Geometric Graphs. (with Daniel Cranston, Jacques Verstraëte, and Alexandra Wesolek).
Discrete Applied Mathematics 322 (2022): 142-152. (journal) (arxiv)
- Maximal Independent Sets in Clique-free Graphs. (with Xiaoyu He and Sam Spiro).
European Journal of Combinatorics 106 (2022): 103575. (journal) (arxiv)
- Ramsey Numbers for Non-trivial Berge Cycles. (with Jacques Verstraëte).
SIAM Journal on Discrete Mathematics 36.1 (2022): 103-113. (journal) (arxiv)
- Triangle-free Subgraphs of Hypergraphs. (with Sam Spiro and Jacques Verstraëte).
Graphs and Combinatorics 37 (2021): 2555-2570. (journal) (arxiv)
- Randomized greedy algorithm for independent sets in regular uniform hypergraphs with large girth. (with Jacques Verstraëte).
Random Structures & Algorithms 59.1 (2021): 79-95. (journal) (arxiv)
- MATH 20C - Calculus & Analytic Geometry For Science & Engineering, Summer I 2021.
As teaching assistant:
- MATH 154 - Discrete Math & Graph Theory, Winter 2022, Winter 2021, Fall 2020, Spring 2020, Winter 2020.
- MATH 20E - Vector Calculus, Summer II 2020.
- MATH 170A - Introduction to Numerical Analysis: Linear Algebra, Fall 2019, Fall 2018.
- MATH 220C - Complex Analysis, Spring 2019.
- MATH 18 - Linear Algebra, Spring 2019.
- MATH 170B - Introduction to Numerical Analysis: Approximation and Nonlinear Equations, Winter 2019.
- MATH 142A - Introduction to Analysis I, Summer I 2018.
- MATH 184A - Combinatorics, Spring 2018, Winter 2018, Fall 2017.
- MATH 20B - Calculus For Science & Engineering, Winter 2017.
- MATH 20A - Calculus For Science & Engineering, Fall 2016.
Here are some evaluations for my teaching: MATH 184A Fall 17, MATH 184A Winter 18,
MATH 170A Fall 19, MATH 154 Fall 20, MATH 154 Winter 20,
MATH 20C Summer I 21.
More can be made available upon email request.
- Outside of math, I love playing and watching basketball.
- I also love cats, especially my cat Chestnut.